Monday 30 December 2013

Last post of 2013

Hey friends!
Where have I been??
Drinking too much?  Never!
Doing some in depth research?  Definitely!

Well on my travels I stopped off at World of Whiskies at Heathrow Airport and had a little tipple at the tasting desk.  I discovered a spectacular Highland Single Malt…
A really delicious, rounded, flavoursome, smooth and mature Glen Deveron.  I acquired their 20 year old from the Royal Burgh Collection - which is only available at certain airport stores in the UK and Spain.  It didn't last my short trip abroad!  On my way back I managed to find a bottle of the 16 year old.

This distillery lies on the rugged coast of North East Scotland situated on the banks of the River Deveron.  The river provides the source for the pure spring water.  The best malted barley is used in the traditional manner using copper pot stills.  The distilled alcohol is then matured in sherry oak casks which gives it a full and fruity character.

The Glen Deveron, Royal Burgh Collection, is a selection of rare whiskies chosen from the distillery's private reserve.  It commemorates the Royal Burgh of Banff, the ancient seaport beside the distillery granted charter by King Robert II of Scotland.

The 16 year old has a soft subtle nose and the colour is a clear golden amber.  The taste has notes of toasted cereal and apple.  This is a full bodied fruity malt which is super smooth and very mellow.


So good cheer to you all!!  I wish you and your family and friends a happy, healthy, prosperous and peaceful 2014 and I'll be posting more wee drams here for you to taste!

L'chaim!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!